The land of seven rivers is a fertile land! Its rivers and lakes are full of fish, zhailau are picturesque with their open spaces. The waters of Lake Alakol will not only give pleasure from swimming, but will also heal many ailments. Be sure to experience it for yourself!
There are two national parks completely different from each other! "Altyn-Emel" is famous for the Singing Dune with its enchanting melody of wind and sand. And in the Zhongar-Alatau park, the Sievers apple tree grows - the progenitor of all apple trees in the world.
5 places that will enchant you
● Singing dune in the national park "Altyn-Emel". As soon as a light breeze stirs up the sand, a low rumble, reminiscent of the sound of an organ, spreads across the desert.
● Lake Alakol (link to the site page https://kazakhstan.travel/tourist-spot/ru/26/yuzhnoe-poberezhe-ozera-alakol) and Alakol nature reserve, whose symbol is a relic gull.
● Hidden in a picturesque green gorge is the 120-meter waterfall Burkhan-Bulak.
● Mountain orchards of Sievers apple trees growing in the Zhongar-Alatau National Park.
● Zharkent mosque-pagoda (I DID NOT FIND ON THE SITE THROUGH THE SEARCH ENGINE, but I remember that it was - an architectural monument of the 19th century.