The region is famous for its historical and cultural monuments, shrouded in legends about the beautiful and eternal
love. The great Abai was born here, his “Words of Edification” saw the light here, which
relevant to this day.
Traveling around the region is better to start from the regional center - the city of Semey. Here
there are many historical and cultural buildings, museums. And then along the steppe
open spaces to go towards Lake Alakol, spread over the territory of two
regions: Abay and Almaty. Black pebble beaches and healing waters
wonderful location for a family vacation.
Attractions of the Abay region:
● Literary and memorial museum of the great Abai in the city of Semey and the house-museum
Abai in his native Zhidebay
● Literary and Memorial Museum of F.M. Dostoevsky in the city of Semey,
located in the house where the world famous writer lived during the period
links in the middle of the 19th century
● Museum of Fine Arts named after the Nevzorov family
● Mausoleum of Kozy-Korpesh and Bayan-Sulu - sacred object of Kazakhstan
● Mausoleum "Enlik-Kebek" - mausoleum-obelisk in memory of two lovers
Weather conditions with a sharply continental climate, as in the whole country, can
change overnight. In spring and autumn, temperature differences are quite significant,
possible unexpected precipitation in the form of rain and snow. The region is famous for strong winds.
However, having prepared for the trip in advance, you can enjoy the trip at any time.