The territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan is divided into two time zones – UTC+5 and UTC+6, although, in fact, geographically it occupies four time zones: UTC+3, UTC+4, UTC+5, UTC+6.
Transitions to summer time was cancelled in 2005, so Kazakhstan does not observe daylight saving time.
Time difference with neighbouring countries
- -1 hour – for the border between the Western Kazakhstan, Atyrau provinces and Saratov, Astrakhan provinces (time of Samara city); and for the border between Kostanay, Northern Kazakhstan, Pavlodar provinces and Chelyabinsk, Kurgan, Tyumen provinces (time of Yekaterinburg)
- 0 hours – for the border between Aktobe province and Orenburg province (time of Yekaterinburg); and for the border between Pavlodar province and Omsk province (time of Omsk)
- +1 hour – for the border between Pavlodar, Eastern Kazakhstan provinces and Altai Krai, the Altai Republic (time of Krasnoyarsk)
- 0 hours – for the border between Mangistau and Aktobe provinces
- -1 hour – for the rest of border territories
- 0 hours