Natural, ecological, sports and even extreme tourism in the Zhambyl region is always inextricably combined with the historical one - in no other region can you find such a vibrant combination of active and cultural kinds of recreation like here. Local travel agencies offer superbly organized excursion routes through the mountain gorges and sand dunes; a bird’s eye view of the neighborhood with a balloon or a camel ride along forgotten Silk Road trails. A huge number of sacred places and cultural attractions, literally scattered throughout the region, only add color and impressions of such a rich journey.
The best natural locations in Zhambyl region
- The Aksu-Zhabaglinsky nature reserve, which captured the western tip of the Talas Alatau ridge, is an ideal place for ecotourism. In the spring, here you can observe a wonderful phenomenon: the blooming of tulips of various shapes and colors! Many of them are listed in the Red Book of Kazakhstan.
- Koksai gorge. It is also located in the reserve and is the object of organized sightseeing tours.
- The most beautiful lake Akkol.
- Palace complex Akyrtas - a monument to the history of the VIII-IX centuries.
- Many mausoleums, each of which has its own beautiful, sometimes even sad legend that has come down from the depths of the centuries: Aisha-Bibi and Babaji-Khatun, Karakhan, Dautbek and Shokai Datka mausoleums.
- Architectural complex Tekturmas.
- Eastern bath Kali-Yunus.
Improvement and cleansing of the body
- Radon and mineral sources in the Merke gorge of the Kyrgyz Alatau
- Upscale sanatoriums and health complexes